Arthur Troop Scholarship 2019
The Arthur Troop Scholarship (ATS) is now open for applications from IPA members worldwide. Arthur Troop Scholarships are awarded annually to 10 IPA members and at least one will be granted to each continent in which we have member sections – Africa, North America, South America, Asia, Australasia and Europe. Arthur Troop Scholarships may be awarded to any IPA member in the police service, but are predominantly targeted at our younger members.
Each scholarship consists of a bursary of up to €2500, to be used for a seminar at the IPA’s International Educational Institution – IBZ Gimborn in Germany, or at a comparable institution.
- Applicants are required to submit an application form setting out their reasons to support their selection.
- Applicants must have been an IPA member for at least 2 years before applying.
- The scholarship must be taken between 1 January and 31 December of the year following the awarding of the scholarship (extensions are not granted).
- After submitting your application form to the IPA(SA) Head Office, the Office Administrator will review your application and verify your IPA membership.
- Apon approval from the NEC, the IPA(SA) President or Secretary General will authenticate all applications and submit it to the IPA’s International Administration Center.
- The Chair of the Professional Commission (PC) will process and asses all applications.
- Final decision and selections will be made by the International Executive Bureau.
Awardees will be announced during the 63rd IPA World Congress in Rotterdam, Netherlands from 18 – 23 September 2018.
The 2019 Arthur Troop Scholarship Application Form can be found below or on the IPA-IAC website.
Send your completed application form to email@example.com or via fax +27 86 672 7066
Closing date for ATS 2019 is Sunday, 11 March 2018