UK: International Youth Gathering 2018
6th August - 19th August£799
The IYG will be held from Monday 6th to Sunday 19th August 2018.
The main airports we will collect from are Birmingham, East Midlands and Manchester.
The outline itinerary below is subject to change due to weather and other conditions at the discretion of the IYG Team.
Travel/Orientation/Site familiarisation and ice breakers & welcome BBQ.
Programme Review/Meet leaders/ Team Building Activities /Cyber Safety presentation including Social Media.
Visit to IPA HQ where the archives will be open to view followed by a visit to the nearby Trent Bridge Cricket Ground & finishing the day with Orienteering.
Presentation on Gangs by an IPA expert then Drama/Dance Sessions by a qualified dance and drama professional, finishing with the Niteline / Traverse Wall.
Visit to the Nottingham Galleries of Justice then onto Nottingham Forest Football Club followed by a tour of a local Police Station. In the evening a demonstration of Scouting Skills.
Archery/Air Rifles/Tomahawks Raft Building/Assault Course. This is a full activity day at Walesby.
A day at a Theme Park.
Sightseeing at Stratford-Upon-Avon, home of the famous playwright and poet William Shakespeare where the acting skills of our youth will be put to good use.
Treasure Hunt in Sherwood Forest followed by a visit to the nearby National Holocaust Centre.
Bradgate Park, the home of Lady Jane Grey, then onto the famous Leicester City Football Club finishing with a visit to the Leicestershire Police Public Order Training Ground and other Police units (Dogs, Traffic, Firearms, and Communication Centre.)
River Crossing / Bush Craft / CSI activity then an opportunity to do some shopping finishing with Photo Bomb Photo Booth activity where the participants will have their very own photo booth to use.
UK National Space Centre before moving to Rutland Water nature reserve and water sports centre.
Gala evening with presentations and awards with a final BBQ.
Travel to transport hubs
Spare/alternative day visit to Warwick Castle where the Middle Ages literally come to life.
- The cost of the IYG includes all meals, lodging, transportation and activities. Airfare is not included.
- Applicants should submit the completed application form through their Section to reach IYG Section UK by 31st March 2018
- The signed application form must be submitted together with the signed parental agreement forms and copy of the applicant’s passport (these can be scanned & emailed).
- Participants must have reached their 16th birthday but not their 18th birthday on 6th August 2018.
- This event will use English as its language – no interpreters will be available.
- 6th August
- 19th August
- Event Category:
- International Events
- IPA UK